Monday, April 10, 2006
1) Fresh Tomatoes (1-2)
2) French bread / Baguette
3) Olive oil
4) Balsamic vinegar
6) Chopped Garlic
7) Parmesan cheese
8) Red chilly flakes
9) Chopped mushrooms
10) Sun dried tomatoes or sundried tomamto paste
1) Preheat oven to 300F.
2) Cut the bread into 1/2 inch thick slices.
3) If you have sun dried tomato paste, spread a littls on each slice. Top the slices with the chopped tomatoes, garlic, olives, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms.
4) Place them in the oven on a cookie sheet and let them bake for 10 minutes.
5) Top the slices with a 1/4 spoon of olive oil each and bake them for 5 more minutes. When the edges start browning, take the slices out of the oven.
6) Before serving, top the slices with a lil balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, chilly flakes and if you like the flavour, oregano.
Note: This is an ideal starter to have with red wine and if your main course is pasta. Really easy to make and tastes great. If you do not want the toppings to be hot, bake the slices and then add the toppings.