I was inspired by Sindhu's lunch last week and ended up making adai over the weekend. I used Sindhu's base recipes and added tweaks that my mom-in-law uses. The result was very nutritious and yummy. Btw I know this is a really bad picture but its better than nothing:) ...Here is the recipe -
- Rice - 1 cup
- Toor dal - 3/4th cup
- Chana dal - 3/4th cup
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Red chillies - 8-10
- Hing - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 1inch piece
- Curry Leaves - 10
- Coarsely crushed black pepper - 1 tsp
- Grated carrot - 1 cup
- Chopped cabbage - 1.5 cup
- Soak the 4 dals for 2-3 hours. Grind them to a fine paste along with 8 red chillies, hing, ginger and salt.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, chopped curry leaves, black pepper, chopped red chillies (remaining 2).
- Spread on a flat pan like dosas and cook on either side. Add a little oil if required. This adai tastes good by itself or with any of the usual dosa chutneys. We at it with ginger pickle and it was awesome.