My hubby got me a panini press for our anniversary and valentine's day and I have been obsessed with paninis ever since. I can now make a panini that tastes exactly like the ones they serve in those Italian bistros. This was the first one that I tried out of my most favorite Italian ingredients and its was super yummy! This panini press (the brand is Bella Cucina) is simply awesome and I look forward to trying out a lot many recipes. I already have a dessert panini recipe lined up alongside roasted eggplant panini. Yay!!!
- Focassia bread (I had a herb focassia but any other baguette or ciabatta should also be just as good)
- Pesto sauce - 3 tsps per panini
- Grape tomatoes - 10 per panini
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Sun dried tomatoes (julienned) - 1 tbsp per panini
- Fresh basil leaves - 3 per panini
- Kalamata olives - 1 tbsp chopped per panini
- Olive oil
- Slice the focassia all the way through the center and spread the pesto on the cut side of both slices.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to garnish.
- Layer one slice with the mozzarella, tomatoes, olives, sun dried tomatoes and basil leaves and top with the other slice.
- Pre-heat the panini grill.
- Brush the outer sides with olive oil and press using panini grill so that you have enough grill marks.