- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 spoons vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4th cup sugar - you can use 1 cup if you like it sweeter
- nuts of your choice - I use cashews and almonds
- Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add eggs one by one and continue beating until you form a smooth fluffy mixture
- Beat the milk into the mixture along with the vanilla essence
- Sift the flour and baking powder together. This step is very important to keep the cake mixture free of lumps.
- Slowly beat the flour into the eggs, butter and milk mixture until the batter is smooth and well mixed. Add nuts and fold in. Save some to top off the cake.
- Grease and flour an 8 inch round pan and fill it up with the batter. Top with remaining nuts.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and bake for 20-30mins or until the cake is well browned on the sides. Allow it to cool and enjoy!!! :)