When life gives you lemons......Well, if they are anything like the one above then I'd laugh my guts out! :D:D A co-worker got some lemons from his backyard and I loved this one. I simply had to pick up this poor deformed thing. :)
I made a very simple yet tasty bengali style lauki dal. The panch puran masala gives it a very unique flavor. It was so good to have this after 5 days of eating out.
- 3 spoons panch puran masala
- 1 small lauki (bottle gourd)
- Tomato - 1, finely chopped
- Split masoor dal - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Dhania powder - 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 10
- Take a pressure pan and heat the oil.
- Add the curry leaves, haldi and the panch puran masala.
- Add the tomatoes and dal and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the the rest of the ingredients - tamarind pulp, salt, chilli powder, dhania powder, jeera powder and enough water to soak them.
- Pressure cook for two whistles and enjoy steaming hot.
We ate at saravana bhavan last weekend and enjoyed the falooda and filter coffee.