This picture may not look as appealing but it sure tasted good. I read some recipe online a while back but cannot remember where. So I may fail to link to the right blog/website but the credit certainly goes to whoever blogged about this first. It is very simple and the result is very flavorful. I did make some changes like adding crushed red pepper which made it yummier and I will take the credit for that;)
- Small Broccoli florets (about 2 inches each) - 15/20
- Freshly crushed black pepper - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 tsps
- Crushed red pepper - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1 tsp
- Dried oregano - 1/4th tsp
- Italian bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
- Parsesan cheese (I use regiano) - 1/2 cup
- Add 2 tsps of olive oil, salt, pepper, oragano and crushed red pepper to the broccoli florets and mix well. Lay it out on a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins at 350 degrees.
- Once you see the broccoli crisping on the outside but still having the crunch remove it from the oven.
- Mix in lemon zest with the baked broccoli and top with mizture of bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and olive oil.
- Broil for 2 minutes until the cheese melts and bred crumbs become brown.
Enjoy this as a side dish or just by itself. It is really tasty :)