This is a very simple and easy mango pickle that my mom used to make during summers when the raw mangoes were plentiful. It needs very few basic ingredients but the flavor of the mango makes up for everything and gives it a unique taste. It is best when enjoyed with ghee and rice.
- Raw mango - 1 cut into small cubes
- Red chilli powder - 4 tsps (Try the one that is made for pickles specifically)
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsps
- Mustard seeds - 2 tsps
- Green chillies - 2 finely chopped
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Haldi - 1/4th tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsps
- Mix the mango pieces, salt, red chilli powder.
- Heat oil and add mustard, green chillies, hing and haldi. Heat it until all the mustard seeds have spluttered but not burnt.
- Add the oil mixture to the mango along with the lemon juice. Mix thoroughly and let it sit for an hour. You will see the mangoes releasing a lot of juices.
- This pickle is best stored in the fridge after a day of sitting outside.