Its been a long break since my last blog post and the primary reason is laziness:D:D. I know people complain about lack of time and I would too except that I know myself only too well and I know that if I wanted to make time for something, I will. Work has been exceptionally crazy and I haven't been a very creative cook recently either. Hence for the lack of a better dish, I am posting this quick Paneer 65 recipe that relies solely on the magic masala called aachi masala which Vidya akka recommended to me. Its really tasty and gives you that flavor that you get at restaurants. Here goes -
- 1 slab of paneer - chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tsps chicken 65 aachi masala (or more if you want it spicier and saltier...A word of warning - the masala itself has a lot of salt, so don't add any more. Although the masala is for chicken 65, the ingredients are all vegetarian)
- Curry leaves - 10
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Geen chillies -3, slit lengthwise
- Garlic - 2 pods, finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 2 tsps
- Corriander - 1 cup finely chopped
- Mix the yogurt and the masala and marinate the paneer cubes in it for 2 hours
- Heat oil and sautee the garlic, curry leaves and chillies in it
- Add the paneer without the excess liquid and stir fry until the paneer gets well roasted and has brown edges.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and corriander and enjoy hot!