I made a very healthy carrot kosambari/salad last night along with a lot of other heavy duty items. This one stood out in its simplicity and freshness along all the other festive foods.
- Carrots - 5 grated
- Moong dal - 1 cup soaked for 3 hours
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 finely chopped
- Curry leaves - 5-6
- Corriander - handful, finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsps
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Hing - 1/4th tsp
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece, finely chopped
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, jeera, hing, curry leaves, green chillies, ginger. Saute until all the aromas are enahnced and mustard seeds sputter.
- Add to grated carrot and mix in moong dal, lemon juice, salt, corriander. Toss everything together and let it sit for 30 mins and its ready to devour.
We ate some yummy food at Anjappar Chettinad last week. Do you remember ordering a cone dosa like above when you were a kid and lunging to break the top off and eat it? That is exactly what my hubby did:D:D