I had a lovely and simple dinner last night after a few days of binging on outside food. It feels really good to eat such simple food.
The moong dal was inspired by this recipe from Saffron Trail and I followed it all the way except the dried mint. It was really tasty and very easy to make.
The cabbage curry was very simple too and it was slightly tamilian style.
- 5 cups of chopped cabbage
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Dried red chillies - 5
- Hing - 1/4th tsp
- Curry leaves - 7/8
- Chilli powder - 1/4th tsp
- Heat oil and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chillies and hing. Fry until you can smell all the aromas.
- Add the cabbage and stir fry until well cooked.
- Add the salt and red chilli powder and mix well. Heat for 5 mins.