Here comes yet another panini recipe. This was inspired by a goat cheese sandwich recipe I saw on Barefoot Contessa on food network. It does need a few special ingredients but the end result is really yummy.
- Ciabatta bread
- Kalamata olive spread - 2 tsps
- Red pepper - 1 sliced thin
- Eggplant - 1 cup of small chopped cubes
- Dried oregano - 1 tsp
- Dried thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil - 2tsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 tsps
- Mozzarella - 3 slices per panini
- Mix the red peppers and eggplant with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme and drizzle of olive oil and spread on a tray lined with aluminum foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 mins.
- Slice the ciabatta bread through the middle and spead the kalamata olive spread on both the slices.
- Layer on slice with the cheese, eggplant and red pepper. Sprinkle salt and black pepper and top with other slice. Heat in panini press until done.
- Prepare a vinegarette with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Once the panini is done, open the sandwich slightly and drizzle with the balsamic vinegarette. Eat while it is hot and it lasts :)