Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Baked Cabbage Palak Kofta




I tried this recipe based on some recipes I found online. I made my own changes and customizations as usual. The most interesting one was that to make the gravy thicker and healthier, instead of cream I pureed cooked toor dal and added it to the gravy. It turned out to be yummy and I was happy that I used very little oil.

Kofta:

Ingredients:

  1. Half a medium sized cabbage chopped finely
  2. 2 cups spinach roughly chopped
  3. Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
  4. Corriander - 1 cup chopped
  5. Jeera dhania powder - 1 tsp
  6. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
  7. Haldi - 1/4 tsp
  8. Hing - 1/4 tsp
  9. Garam Masala or goda masala - 1/2 tsp
  10. Lemon juice - 1/2 lemon
  11. Salt
  12. Ginger paste - 1 tsp
  13. Garlic paste - 1 tsp
  14. Green chilli paste - 1 tsp
  15. Besan - 2 cups
  16. Rice flour - 4 tbsps
  17. Water
  18. Oil to spray on pan and top
Directions:
  1. Mix all the ingredients above and add just enough water to bring everything together into a dough like consistency. It should not be of a batter consistency.
  2. Roll into kofta balls.
  3. Spray oil on a pan and on the koftas and bake at 450 for 20 mins and then broil to brown the outside.

Gravy: This is the usual onions and tomatoes gravy with a cup of ground cooked toor dal to thicken it instead of cream.

No comments: