I tried this recipe based on some recipes I found online. I made my own changes and customizations as usual. The most interesting one was that to make the gravy thicker and healthier, instead of cream I pureed cooked toor dal and added it to the gravy. It turned out to be yummy and I was happy that I used very little oil.
- Half a medium sized cabbage chopped finely
- 2 cups spinach roughly chopped
- Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
- Corriander - 1 cup chopped
- Jeera dhania powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Haldi - 1/4 tsp
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala or goda masala - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 lemon
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Green chilli paste - 1 tsp
- Besan - 2 cups
- Rice flour - 4 tbsps
- Oil to spray on pan and top
- Mix all the ingredients above and add just enough water to bring everything together into a dough like consistency. It should not be of a batter consistency.
- Roll into kofta balls.
- Spray oil on a pan and on the koftas and bake at 450 for 20 mins and then broil to brown the outside.
Gravy: This is the usual onions and tomatoes gravy with a cup of ground cooked toor dal to thicken it instead of cream.