This is an amazingly simple recipe that my friend Renuka introduced me to during my recent trip to Chicago. It is a shortcut recipe which cooks really quick because you use tater tots instead of taking raw alu and cooking it. This recipe is slightly high on salt but it is yum yum yummy. Thanks Renu!
- Tater tots - 1/2 a bag
- Olive oil - 2 tsps
- Garlic - 7-8 pods chopped
- Green chillies - 3-4 chopped
- Soy sauce or mushroom - 3 tbsps (you can use low sodium)
- Red chillie paste - 2 tsps
- Cilantro - 2 tbsps chopped
- Lemon - 1/2
- Thaw the tater tots and bake them at 350 for 20 mins. Then broil then to make then darker in color.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic and chillies until the garlic turns brown.
- Add the tater tots, soy sauce, chilli paste and sautee on high heat until the potatoes are coated well with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped cilantra and lemon juice and enjoy!