This is a Maharashtrian staple for days when you are fasting. Although I never understood how it is called fasting with such high carb diet on the day, but I am not complaining:). This is my mom's recipe and I sometimes combine a little ghee with oil to make it healthier but nothing can beat the taste and flavour when it is cooked in ghee. We eat it with raw green or red chillies and a little salt. Others eat it with yogurt.
- Sabudana - 3 cups (wash in water and soak with a little water overnight)
- Potatoes - 2, sliced into small pieces
- Roasted peanut powder - 1.5 cup
- Green chillies - 7/8 chopped
- Ghee - 2 tsps
- Jeera - 1.2 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1/4th tsp
- Lemon - 1/2
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the jeera and chillies. Roast until done and add the sliced potatoes.
- Add some salt to the potatoes and cook until well roasted.
- Add the sabudana, peanut powder, salt and sugar and mix in. Add a little of the milk to soften if required.
- Mix well and cook until it steams well. Sprinkle lemon juice and enjoy with chillies or yogurt.