- Black beans - 2 cans
- Onion - 1 medium size cut into thin slices
- Bell peppers - 1 each of red/yellow/green thinly sliced
- Tomato - 1 big finely chopped
- Cilantro - 1 bunch finely chopped
- Avocado - 1 cut and smashed with lemon juice
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped spring onions
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Dried oregano - 2 pinches
- Dried thyme - 2 pinches
- Dried parsley - 2 pinches
- Dried rosemary - 1 pinch
- Dried sage - 1 pinch
- Freshly ground pepper - 2 pinches
- Spinach or sun-dried tomato tortillas
- Sriracha sauce
- Crushed red pepper - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Drain the water from the beans and wash them thoroughly in water. This is to drain all the salt that comes with it.
- Heat in a pan and add cumin powder, half the cayenne, paprika, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Boil until the beans are thoroughly cooked and spices are blended and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil and add the sliced onions, bell pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, paprika, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Saute on high heat until the onion is a little cooked but do not overcook the bell peppers. They need to retains some crunch. Alternatively you can cook the onions first and then add the bell peppers.
- Heat a pancake pan or any flat pan.
- Brush the tortilla on both sides with very little olive oil and toast it on the pan until it browns a little on both sides.
- Do not roast too much if you want to eat a wrap as it will become stiff. I personally like it well done and toast ti really well and it tastes awesome.
- Place the tortilla on a cutting board
- Spread the cooked beans evenly.
- Top with the sauteed veggies, avocado, tomato, lettuce, spring onions, cilantro
- Garnish with Sriracha sauce and wrap it up.
- You could also just service all the above as sides with the well done tortilla.
Tips to make it unhealthy:
- While toasting the tortilla, do one side first and then flip. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and cover with a lid and toast until the cheese melts and then follow the assembly process.
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top to make it yummier and unhealthier:)
- You can use a whole wheat tortilla instead of the spinach and sun-dried ones
- The black beans can be substituted with pinto beans
- You can also add rice cooked with tomato paste and vegetable broth and stuff that in this wrap to make it authentic mexican
- You can replace the Sriracha sauce with salsa to make it less spicier
- You can add grilled or sauteed marinated paneer to make this taste meatier.